We will be having our next luncheon next week in the multi-purpose room.
Because the multi-purpose room can’t fit everyone at the same time, we have split you into 2 groups:
- Grades 8, 9 and 12 will have their luncheon on Thursday, Oct. 25th
- Grades 10 and 11 will have their luncheon on Friday, Oct. 26th
Please come to the multi-purpose room at lunch on your assigned day.
The After School SUCCESS Program is back!
Are you struggling in a class? Do you need some help with your homework or an exam? You can get extra help in group/peer study after school!
Who can attend? : Any students
When: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 3:15- 4:15pm
Location: Room A135 (Bridge Room)
There are several computers/tablets available for students to use.
If you have any questions about SUCCESS Program, contact Mr. Franklin:
If you speak and read/write another language fluently, there is an opportunity for you to get course credit for that language. You can take the language challenge exam and, if you pass, you will get the same credit as if you took the course. This exam is only if you do not have a credit in that course already.
If you are interested in taking the exam, I have attached the application booklet (ChallengeExamApplicationPackage19)and below is a message from Ms. Fenn describing the application process:
Are you interested in Challenging a Language that you are already fluent in?
COURSES OFFERED TO CHALLENGE
- French 11 or 12
- Japanese 11 or 12
- Korean 11 or 12
- Mandarin 11 or 12
- Punjabi 11 or 12
- Spanish 11 or 12
- German 11 or 12 – Due to consistent low enrollment it has been decided that German 11/12 exams will NO LONGER be offered
If you would like to complete a Language Challenge Exam, you MUST complete the following:
- Download the Language Challenge Exam Application Package and fill it out COMPLETELY(it’s attached to this email)
- You need to complete pages 9, 10 & 11 online before you print out the Application and bring it to me
- Any Applications which have been completed in pen will be returned to you to redo
- Attach a cheque for $50 (which will be refunded once you complete the Challenge exam) made out to: Delta School District ß Please NO Bank Drafts
- You must also print your Full Name, School and Course you are challenging on the back of the cheque
- FYI….If you fail to show up to your exam, then your $50 deposit will NOT be refunded
- Note: all International Students need to submit $175.00 as a non-refundable fee for exams
- Attach a recent, original photo of you (can be passport type or school photo)
- It MUST be an actual picture picture (NO photocopies, scans, etc..)
- if you do not have an actual physical picture, then go get a Passport photo done and bring one of those
- You can go to Crystal Mall, Metrotown, Costco, etc….
- It CANNOT be a photocopy of a picture
- It CANNOT include anybody else in the picture (ie; friends, family, pets)
- Submit the COMPLETED Application Package to Ms. Fenn (in Student Services, room C118) no later than Monday, October 22nd
- Exam dates are either: January 26th or 27th, 2019 – in DELTA SCHOOL DISTRICT
♦ NOTE: All universities in Canada accept our Language Challenge exam marks. UBC accepts Challenge credits for pre-requisite and requirements for courses and second-language requirements but does not accept Challenge marks as part of the GPA calculation for admission. It is highly recommended that you check with your intended university for their admissions requirements.
If you have any questions, please see Ms. Fenn in student services
The district is holding a post secondary fair for anyone who is interested in attending college or university in Canada.
Different universities, including UBC, SFU and McGill will be there and you can get information about the application process and the programs that are available at these schools.
The fair is free and takes place at Burnaby North Secondary on October 4th at 1:00pm.
If you are interested, please get the attached consent form (post-sec info fair consent Oct 2018) signed and pick up a field trip form from me in A125. The deadline is Sept. 28th.
If you have any questions, please come by and see me.
If you are interested in getting involved with sports teams at the school, here is a list of all of the teams that are running so far:
Senior Girls Volleyball
Junior Girls Volleyball
Grade 9 Girls Volleyball
Grade 8 Girls Volleyball
Senior Boys Volleyball
Junior Boys Volleyball
Senior Boys Volleyball
Cross Country (boys & girls)
Swimming (boys & girls)
Field hockey (girls)
Other sports will be available throughout the year as well.
If you would like more information about practice times and how to join, please visit:
Or email Mr. Puni (the athletics director) at Mr.R.Puni@Gmail.com
The district is offering IELTS and SAT prep courses for interested students.
Please have your legal parents sign the form and return it to me as soon as possible. There are only a limited number of seats for each course and they fill up very quickly.
The IELTS course is 8 sessions at Burnaby South from 4:15-7:15 on the following dates:
- October 10, 17, 24, 31, November 7, 14, 21, 28, andDecember 5(mock exam).
The Sat prep course is 9 sessions at Burnaby South from 4:00-7:30 on the following dates:
- October 11, 18, 25 and November 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 and December 6th
Submit your forms to me in A125 as soon as possible.
IELTS consent form–October 2018Sat consent form Oct2018
The time has come for signing up for the Rockies field trip. Please read the following message carefully for instructions for how to sign up.
This is a 4 day trip, so you willing be missing some school for it. These are the dates for the trips:
- October 26-29 (14 seats available)
- November 2-5 (8 seats available)
First priority for the November trip will be given to students who are on the wait-list for the October trip. This means that you should sign up for the October trip first and if you do not make it in, you will be put on the November trip.
I have emailed the forms that you need to submit to me. The forms need to be signed by your legal parents not your host parents.
You can forward your parents that email to your parents so that they can have the forms they need to sign. Please have your parents scan all of the forms back to you and print them out (I need to have a physical copy of all of your signed forms). Submit your forms to me as soon as possible! Space on these trips fills up quickly.
Once you have submitted your forms, pay the $500 fee online at https://burnaby.schoolcashonline.com/
. Your parents can also go to this site to pay the fee for you. Do not pay for the trip until you have submitted all of your forms. Submit your forms first and then pay when I tell you to.
Submit your forms to me in A125 when you are ready. If you have any questions, please come and see me.